Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

the MLK Focus for May is Perserverence!

"I am not afraid of failure as I am doing my best and that is the most important thing. I am not afraid of making mistakes because that is the only way I can learn and do better. I have the confidence to experiment and make the most of my life. I am motivated and full of life. I want to create a great life for myself. I can do anything I want. " Believe to Achieve

Perservence is sticking with something even if it is hard or challenging. When you perservere you don't give up, even if you are frustrated or find something difficult. Sometimes when we start something new, we get frustrated or feel overwhelmed because it doesn't come easily to us. It is important to perservere so that we can achieve the outcomes, grow, and learn as students.

On Saturday, Angela is participating in the Doctors of NS Youth Run. She will have to perservere to finish the race. She may find it hard and want to quit before she reaches the finish line, but we are confident that she can do IT! We look forward to hearing about her success when we return to school on Tuesday. There will be a lot of people on the sidelines cheering on the runners. When she finds it hard, look to the crowd and draw energy from the people cheering on the runners.